Happy Monday Friends! It’s a quiet morning in our household as we wait for the pest control people to arrive (#homeownerprobs). I can’t believe I am already 32 weeks pregnant…time is winding down fast, I wanted to share some of my favorite items I’ve used throughout my pregnancy. There haven’t been a ton of things I’ve felt that I absolutely NEEDED during this pregnancy. I’ve managed to make non-maternity clothes fit for a long time and I really didn’t have much morning sickness. However, here’s the list of items that I have found myself reaching for again and again in the past eight months.
- Belli Skincare – I’ve been using this since early in my pregnancy and have been loving it! I first bought this, but realized I used a lot more of the lotion than I did the oil. Luckily you can purchase them both separate (here, and here). Belli also carries pregnancy safe facial products – Anti-Blemish Facial Wash and Acne Control Spot Treatment. Acne products are the first thing to go when you find out your pregnant due to the harmful ingredients for babies. I couldn’t use the facial products because (#randomfact) I’m allergic to green tea products, but they have GREAT reviews just like the lotion does.
2. Body Pillow – This is been my best purchase yet!! Another piece of advice – you’re not supposed to sleep on your back or stomach (obvs) when pregnant. I have ALWAYS slept on my back so I really bought this early in my pregnancy to try and break that habit. Before I purchased this, I was stuffing my sides with pillows just to say sleeping on my side. I bought this one by Leahco because it has support for both your back and belly and you don’t have to re-position it in the middle of the night if your toss and turn. I even find my husband cuddled up to it in the middle of the night, it’s so cute!
3. The Bump App- I downloaded a bunch of pregnancy apps the night I found out I was pregnant. But the The Bump App has been my favorite so far! You enter in your pregnancy info and due date, and it gives you weekly updates of what to expect in your pregnancy week by week! It gives you a countdown and also tells you how big the baby is that week (usually comparing it to the size of fruit or vegetable) At 31 weeks, my baby is as big an asparagus! They also have an informative video telling you about the growth and development of your baby and changes going on in your body.
4. Old Navy Maternity Tees – I’ve been pretty much wearing these maternity tees from Old Navy on a daily basis. I never really wore fitted shirts before I got pregnant, but now that the belly is out for the world to see, I prefer to wear fitted clothing that is a bit more flattering. I have several different colors of these tees and highly recommend them! You can check it out here.
5. Target Maternity Shorts & Jeans – In Texas, you really only get a couple of cooler days, so I’ve been fortunate to be able to wear dresses most of my pregnancy. Since I love the Old Navy maternity tee’s, I wanted to find some shorts and jeans I could wear to show off the bump. Because it’s always hot in Texas, I couldn’t stomach spending $150-$200 on maternity jeans. I found these at Target with a full panel and they are SO comfortable. The panel helps support my belly and reduces back pain, and plus they have real pockets – so they look like normal jeans! For the support, I’d recommend going with a full panel rather than the side panels. I’ve found that the fit is a bit better as well (side panels seem to always be baggy). I’ve purchased these white shorts, these denim shorts and these jeans.
6. Palmer’s cocoa butter for stretch marks. This stuff smells really good and so far, I haven’t seen any stretch marks (fingers crossed that it continues that way).
7. Sparkling Water – Because let’s be honest, plain water
can does get boring. Some of my favorites are below:
Did I leave anything out? Let me know! What are some things you couldn’t live without?