Hi Friends, happy Tuesday!
We are getting back in the swing of things after a rough weekend, but I wanted to share 7 items we’ve used from newborn all the way up to now 7 months. Like I said here, I know registry list and “must have items” can be overwhelming and a lot to take in, so whether you’re expecting, a new mom, or an experienced mom who can relate or share your own tips, I hope this list helps out. 🙂 Best part is, everything is on Amazon Prime, so you can get it in less than 2 days!
- Baby Detergent: Y’all, this stuff smells SO GOOD. After we found out Ava was well Ava, we started buying all the girl clothes. Dreft smells like a baby in a bottle, I’m so obsessed. We actually wash our clothes with it as well since Ava is always holding onto us, laying on us, etc. It comes in Newborn Stage 1, and Active Stage 2. As I’m writing this, I’m realizing we’re still using the Newborn detergent (oh well!). Dreft also comes with a stain remover and pre-treatment pen. Both are perfect for the inevitable blow out….trust me.
- Forehead Thermometer: This is the one we have and love it. We love that it has both the ear and head pieces, because as the overprotective mom, I check both when she’s sick.
- Foldable Changing Pad: This has seriously been one of our most used products. We not only use it while we’re out, but this is primarily what we change Ava on at home. Her changing pad is upstairs in her room, and to date, I don’t think I’ve ever used it once. This one is great because it wipes down super easily and can be throw in any bag because it has space for wipes and diapers.
- Stroller Hooks: This is another item that is so small, but has been so helpful looking back on these past 7 months. These things can hold a TON. When we go to the mall, I carry my diaper bag, pump bag, shopping bags, etc. and they don’t slide down and have held everything.
- Breast Pump: I’ve used this one since day 1 and have nothing but great things to say about it! Check with your insurance first, as most plans offer (at least) the starter pump. This pump was actually an upgrade, but it was like less than $50 more. I love that you can discretely walk around with the bag, unless you’re a mom and KNOW it’s a pump bag. What is also really convenient is that is comes with an ice box/pack AND a battery operated cord, so if you’re out somewhere without an outlet, you can still pump and go on about your plans. ***A little PSA: finding bathrooms with outlets is actually pretty hard to find, unless you’re somewhere with a single stall bathroom.
- Bottle Brush/Drying Rack: These are self explanatory. One thing we ended up returning was sterilizer. I didn’t find us using it at all. Tip: I boil my bottles/nipples once a week and then I’ve rotated through bottles as Ava has grown.
- Baby Carrier: We use this one and LOVE it! Funny story, when we first got it, I told Sean this would totally be his carrier and that I would just use a wrap. I tried a wrap twice and Ava never got comfortable and I felt she wasn’t secure. I tried this one on a walk with the newborn insert and my life was changed. With the Ergobaby, she felt secure, and what I love about it now is that she can either face inward, outward, or I can put in on my back and she’s still safe.
I really hope these were helpful! If you’re a mom, I would love to hear your best products to 🙂