I feel like I say this every month, but another month has flown by and it’s been the best month yet! I’m a little late because we all had the flu, and her 4 month check-up was Wednesday, so I wanted to wait and get her stats before posting the update. Her personality is the best and she’s becoming more independent, yet still loves to be snuggled. Instead of answering questions for this monthly update I thought I’d talk about some of the highs & lows.
- She had her 4-month check up on Wednesday and is a perfectly healthy and thriving little girl! So praise God for that! She is still 60th percentile for height (like what?!) and 17% on weight.
- Our Pediatrician said that Maxi can start on solids whenever we feel comfortable. She did an assessment of her and recommended we start between 4 and 6 months. I know each mama does things differently, so I won’t go into too much detail on that. Ava isn’t 100% curious about food just yet, so I’m going to wait until that curiosity spikes a bit more.
- She has also started cooing (vowel sounds) which is really neat to hear her mimic. She also makes THE CUTEST bear sound. I don’t know how to describe it but watch my instastories because I record her doing it all the time.
- Ava loves this. She has really been wanting to stand (early walker maybe?), so it’s been perfect. She’s not quite tall enough to play with the toys, so we’ve put this and this on top and she really enjoys it.
- Ava got sick for the first time. We started noticing it Christmas Eve Eve, and it was full blown by Christmas. Seeing your child sick is by far the saddest thing ever. We were able to see the Pediatrician the day after Christmas, and she told us it would take about a 10-14 days to go away. Luckily, at our appointment Wednesday, our Pedi said her lungs sounded really good and she should be back to normal in the next day or so. I used this, this, this and this while she was sick for any mamas needing advice.
- At her check-up, on top of her shots, she had to get her blood drawn to see if she has an allergy. Did you know they draw blood on babies through their arm vein like an adult?! I didn’t know that and was shocked to see them trying to find her vein.
- This last one isn’t really a low, but it just shows how fast time goes by. Ava is now in Size 2 diapers and wearing some 0-3 month clothes still, but we’re transitioning more to 3-6 month.
We have some major things happening during Month 5, so be sure to check back. Also, thank you so much for caring about Ava!