^ She wasn’t happy I turned her away from the tree!
Hi ladies! I can’t believe Thanksgiving has come and gone and we’re already gearing up for Christmas. Where has this year gone?!
As the holidays roll around, things can be hectic…if you’re like me, you have a shopping list a mile high. As much as I try to plan, I’ll still be one of those people out on Christmas Eve getting last minute gifts/items. This year we’ll be hosting Christmas Eve, so I really hope I’m at least a day ahead! As joyous as the holidays are, it’s important to remember the reason for the season. I’ve realized throughout the years, my gift is one of giving. I LOVE seeing excitement in others, even if it’s from a small gesture. If you don’t know your gift, my church offers a free spiritual gift assessment. Just Click Here
If you’re looking for ways to give or volunteer during the holiday season, I’ve included some ideas below:
- Collect and donate toys and clothes to a group home or shelter [if you need ideas, message me!];
- Make a special “thank you” Christmas gift for teachers, co-workers, etc.;
- Take cookies to the police and/or fire station;
- Put up a Christmas tree for a widow;
- Generously over-tip your server at a restaurant with a note that says “Merry Christmas;”
- Volunteer to babysit for a single mom so she can do her Christmas shopping;
- Do a chore for a family member;
- Pay for the person behind you at the drive-thru;
- Bake a pie and give it away;
- Take a friend out to lunch;
- Make goody bags of cookies, chocolates, etc. and give them away to the homeless;
- Leave anonymous notes for your co-workers.
Remember, sometimes the smallest gesture can make the biggest impact. I’ve also decided to do a giveaway for a 2-3 new moms or moms-to-be. Care package will include an assortment of items for mama and baby (diapers, onesies, nipple cream, breast pads etc.)
TO ENTER: 1. Follow me on Instagram (Link here) 2. “Like” my most recent picture 3. Spread the love and Comment below —> Tell me your favorite part about the holiday season and tag 2 friends. For additional entries, comment below on ways you “give” during the holidays.
Contest closes Tuesday, November 28th at 11:59 CT.