Happy Saturday, Friends! It’s a rare Saturday where I’m posting a blog post, but the first week of 201
78 [going to take a while to get used to writing that], is almost over and I wanted to talk through my top purchases. While some of these truly are pricey items, they’re great to put on any registry, birthday list, etc. as they’ve made my life just a little easier. I go into why I love each of these below, so keep reading for some info!
- Wubbanub: If you’ve followed me from Ava’s birth, you know how much I’ve raved about this. If you haven’t, welcome and let me tell you why you need this. This pacifier comes in so many animals and cool thing is the animal acts like a weight. When Ava was first born, this helped keep the pacifier in her mouth and now (at 4 months), she likes holding the animal and evening chewing on them like a teether. I’m sure this will turn into her version of a security blanket because we have multiple of these and they go everywhere with us….or else.
- Planner: This is something I didn’t need until I had a baby. I was totally a notes on your phone kind of girl, but between doctors visits for me/Ava, reminders for diapers, task for work and now blogging, I need to write things physically down and to have everything organized in one spot. I’ll show more of why I like this on my stories today.
- Owlet Smart Sock: Like I said, I know some of these are pricey, but if you can ask for one thing on your/any baby registry, this was a must have. I talked a little about it here. A little back story, Ava was in the NICU after she was born with Brady episodes. After being in the NICU for 8 days, she was episode free and we were able to take her home. While we were in the hospital, we knew we had to get this before she was solely in our hands. If not, we knew we would go crazy either 1. constantly panicking or 2. not sleeping from watching her breathe. To save our lives, jobs and probably marriage [kidding….kind of], we bought it the day before we brought her home. It tracks your babies heart rate, oxygen level, has an illuminating dock station that is green if everything is normal, AND will turn red & alarm if either of her levels drop.
- Ring Doorbell: We bought our house in November of 2016 and definitely didn’t know ANYTHING about being a home owner. How do you measure for blinds? How many times a week do you have to water your lawn? What does a breaker box look like? Yes, all real questions Sean and I had to ask. I married a tech guy, not a handy man [love you hun], so a lot of the handy stuff I still leave up to my dad. Back to the point, the Ring was perfect for us, as expecting parents, because 1. at the end of my pregnancy, I was lazy and didn’t want to get up from the couch, 2. the Ring isn’t like a normal loud doorbell, so perfect with a newborn so she would wake up or the dogs wouldn’t bark if anyone came to the door. I also like you can record anyone that comes to your door AND the best part, you know when packages are being delivered and can do the happy dance.
- Levi’s Jeans: I’ve talked about these so many times and I’ll continue to talk about them. They are hands down, the best jeans I own. I actually don’t own that many pairs of jeans because I’m pretty picky on the fit. These come in regular and short lengths, so many colors, and are the perfect amount of stretch, but not the stretch that has you having the mom butt from being so loose by the end of the day.
- Loreal BB Cream: I found this gem late in 2017, but it has been a miracle worker, so it deserves to be on this list. I don’t really wear foundation. Truthfully, I am no expert in this field, so I look like a blind mouse walking into Sephora. Another blogger talked about this, so I decided to try it out. I’ll talk more about this on my stories, but it’s a BB Cream [not sure what that means, but I know it means light and light coverage]. The product comes out of the tube green and the best part is it matches to your shade at all times.
- Baby Bunt: Another thing that if you’ve been following me since Ava was born, you’ve seen how much she already loves this. There is something so comforting about it. She can be so fussy [especially when we’ve passed nap time and she’s fighting it] yet I can put here in this and about 5 minutes later, she is out like a light. It’s great if you live in colder states. We don’t need it much here in Texas, but it’s such a steal for the price and comes in 3 different colors.
- BP Basic Tee: This tee has become part of my weekly wardrobe rotation. It is the perfect length to wear over leggings and comes in like 6 different colors.
- Hatch Baby Rest: Last item of my top purchases. This one isn’t as expensive, but could be something you could put on your registry as we love it. It’s a sound machine for babies that has multiple presets. You can also create your own preset with sounds and illuminating color. Speaking of color, it can illuminate blue, pink, green, yellow (really any color you want), which I know Ava will love in the future if she wants an all pink room. The reason we really liked this one is because you can change the function of it for when you child is older to a time to wake clock. You can download the free app to sync with the Hatch, and can set it to change from red to green (or whatever color you want) at a certain time letting you child know it’s time to wake up. How cool right?! We’ve had it in our room now since Ava was born and Sean is used to the white noise….so we might be getting two of them for when she transitions to her room.
I hope these helped! These have all made my life easier is some way, shape, or form and hope they can help someone else out as well! Off to celebrate my birthday!